MICHAEL BARI SPORTS SHOW DAILY
April 15th, 2019
- Adidas will design and manufacture all official on-field Premier Lacrosse League apparel for players and coaches and athletes and staff will be outfitted with adidas adizero cleats and athletic footwear.
- When Matt Blonder, global head of digital arrived at Reebok in 2017, he was struck by how far the company needed to go in terms of digital. A personalized e-commerce experience is also top of mind for the brand, and data from the retailer’s newly announced loyalty program, dubbed Unlocked, will help inform the experience.
- Premier League, Liverpool could see a new apparel deal put them into the upper echelon of soccer’s elite clubs. According to Mark Ogden of ESPN FC, the club is deep in negotiations with Nike on a deal that could become the largest deal ever signed by a Premier League club. Currently, Manchester United hold that title thanks to their $980 million dollar deal with Adidas. Liverpool’s current deal with New Balance pays the club roughly $58 million annually.
- The Indiana Fever have a new jersey partner. Last fall, Pacers Sports and Entertainment signed a wide-ranging deal with Salesforce that included plans to expand the deal to brands outside of just the Pacers.
ON THIS DAY IN SPORTS:
- 1911 Walter Johnson pitches a record tying 4 strike outs in an inning
- 1912 16th Boston Marathon won by Mike Ryan in race record 2:21:18.2
- 1918 22nd Boston Marathon won by Camp Devens relay team; race run as relay for 10-man military teams
Photo: CURTIS COMPTON • ATLANTA JOURNAL-CONSTITUTION
When Tiger Woods dominated the golf world from 1997 through 2008, he ushered in a new era filled with imitators.
Young golfers played the sport because of Woods, and they adopted his habits: lifting weights, eating healthy, swinging hard and intimidating opponents.
Sunday at the Masters, Woods finally beat the generation he helped create, winning his 15th major by shooting a 70 and holding off a deep, talented field at Augusta National. (Read) By Jim Souhan | Star Tribune
Winning the Masters is worth far more than any amount of money you could possibly attain for the victory, but boy, that payout is pretty great, too. The 2019 Masters purse is up to $11.5 million from $11 million a year ago, and the winner will receive over $2 million for the first time in the history of the tournament. And while you won’t get a green jacket, second place isn’t that shabby at $1.24 million, which is more than can be earned by the victor of many PGA Tour events in a given season.
Tiger Woods Press Conference talks about his 2019 Masters win and his history at Augusta.
NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
Marcus Morris didn’t enter the NBA Playoffs saddled with big-time expectations. Throwing in 20 points and seven rebounds without a single turnover in 28 minutes, he was a major contributor as his team clawed back from a halftime deficit and ended up winning 84-74.
Indiana Pacers vs Boston Celtics – Game 1 Highlights
Charles Barkley & Shaquille O’Neal reacts to Kyrie Irving 20 Pts, Boston Celtics beat Indiana Pacers 84-74 in Game 1.
The Oklahoma City Thunder are only one game into their NBA Playoffs run, having dropped a 104-99 result on the road against the Portland Trail Blazers Sunday. PG13 has famously battled shoulder issues over the last few weeks, and entered today’s contest as a game-time decision. He ended up leading the Thunder in minutes (43) and points (26), but was an unsightly 8-24 from the floor, including 4-15 from beyond the arc.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs Portland Trail Blazers – Game 1 Highlights
Rusell Westbrook reac to Thunder held below 100 Pts, 40% FG 6 times in regular season (1-5).
Charles Barkley & Shaquille O’Neal reacts to Damian Lillard 30 Pts, Portland Trail Blazers beat Oklahoma City Thunder 104-99 in Game 1
The Milwaukee Bucks defensive blueprint was key in the 121-86 beat down of the Detroit Pistons. Milwaukee allowed the most 3-point attempts this season (36.3 per game) and the Pistons were No. 6 in attempts (34.8), but they finished just 8 of 27, a stat the reflects the nature of the playoffs when teams hone in with surgical precision to take away the opponent’s strengths.
Milwaukee Bucks vs Detroit Pistons – Game 1 Highlights
Giannis Free Throw Line Dunk!
Shaq & Charles Barkley react to Bucks 35-Points win Pistons (121 -86).
The Houston Rockets made a statement in Game 1 of their first-round series with the Utah Jazz, leading for the majority of the contest and fighting off several Jazz runs before stepping their foot on the gas in the second half for a 122-90 win. James Harden led the way for the Rockets with 29 points, 8 rebounds, and 10 assists, and he controlled the game with his passing, despite Utah’s efforts to move him to his right.
Utah Jazz vs Houston Rockets – Game 1 Highlights
Rubio, Gobert and Mitchell talk about Game 1 loss to Rockets.
James Harden and Chris Paul Post Game Remarks
NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE
The Nashville Predators tie the series at 1-1 in Nashville thanks to Craig Smith’s late-game heroics with the OT winner.