Michael Bari Show Daily
April 1st, 2019
Welcome back have a great April!
- Wimbledon is known for its iconic place in tennis lore and lush grounds of the All England Lawn and Tennis Club. The Club is selling 2,520 debenture tickets for $104,000 each. Debenture tickets are sold in packages of five years. The debenture tickets available for purchase this year will give fans access to the tournament from 2021-2025.
- GameStop’s core business, partnering with esports teams. As part of its new partnerships, the brand is partnering with Complexity Gaming, Infinite Gaming, and Envy gaming as it looks to help be a catalyst for the Dallas-area esports community. The partnership includes a naming rights deal with Complexity that will see the team’s new HQ at The Star in Frisco become known as the GameStop Performance Center.
- Joseph Tsai could become the majority owner of the Brooklyn Nets depending on how talks play out with current owner Mikhail Prokhorov. According to the NY Post, Tsai is currently in talks with Prokhorov over buying both Barclays Center and the new Nassau Coliseum from the Russian billionaire.
- Vince McMahon is leveraging his WWE assets to help fund Alpha Entertainment, the company behind the new XFL. McMahon has said he expects to spend close to $500 million during the first three years of the league.
On This Day In Sports:
- 1920 Stanley Cup Final, Mutual Street Arena, Toronto, ON: Jack Darragh scores a hat-trick as Ottawa Senators (NHL) beat Seattle Metropolitans (PCHA), 6-1 for a 3-2 series win
- 1926 Halsteren Soccer team forms in Halsteren
- 1931 Jackie Mitchell became 1st female in professional baseball
MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL
Yelich tied a major league record in the first inning Sunday, drilling a 1-0 fastball from St. Louis Cardinals right-hander Michael Wacha over the wall in right field for his fourth homer of the season. As it turned out, he was just getting started. (Read) By Bradford Doolittle | ESPN
Bryce Harper, who signed a 13-year contract with the Philadelphia Phillies worth a then-record $330 million last month, announced in an Instagram post Monday the couple was expecting a baby boy.
Harper and Matt Vasgersian discuss the legends of Phillies baseball, why Harper chose the Philadelphia Phillies and the state of baseball after his 13-year, $330 million contract is complete. (Read) By Katherine Lam | Fox News
For the second time in as many games in the new season, the Phillies’ powered-up lineup produced three home runs. The bullpen also shined as the Phils improved to 2-0 with a 8-6 win over the Atlanta Braves on Saturday. (Read) By Jim Salisbury
Relive 2019 Opening Day’s historic power display with every single long ball.