MB Show Daily
March 30th, 2019
- Betting on NHL games at William Hill’s Nevada SportsBook has increased 38 percent this season over last season after increasing more than 80 percent from 2016-17 to 2017-18 with the arrival of the expansion Golden Knights.
- A study from Stanford University Children’s Health, more than 3.5 million children ages 14 and younger get hurt annually playing sports or participating in recreational activities.
- According to Conviva, official NCAA March Madness social accounts have produced a 56% lift in engagements vs. last year.
- Tom Dundon, the majority owner of the AAF, made it clear that discontinuing the league is an option that is being considered at this point. The original business plan for the league was to become a feeder/developmental league to the NFL by year three.
On This Day In Sports:
- 1918 Stanley Cup, Mutual Street Arena, Toronto, ON: Toronto Arenas (NHL) beat Vancouver Millionaires (PCHA), 2-1 for a 3-2 series victory; first series contested by the new NHL
- 1925 Stanley Cup Final, Patrick Arena, Victoria, BC: Victoria Cougars (WCHL) beat Montreal Canadiens (NHL), 6-1 for a 3-1 series win; last non-NHL team to win trophy
- 1928 87th Grand National: Mr. William Dutton aboard 100/1 long-shot Tipperary Tim wins as all of the 41 other starters fall during the race
MARCH MADNESS: THE NCAA MEN’S BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT