MB Show Daily
March 30th, 2019
- Former Heisman winner Johnny Manziel threw an interception in the end zone (his first since joining the AAF less than two weeks ago). During Will Hill III’s return, Manziel attempted to make the tackle. Hill’s knee made contact with Manziel’s helmet and the quarterback had to be helped off the field after staying down on the turf for more than a minute.
- The Arizona Cardinals added another twist to the lead-up to next month’s NFL draft. Cardinals brass spent Friday night dining with Ohio State defensive end Nick Bosa in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., a league source told ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
- Tiger Woods withstood a charge from Rory McIlroy and weathered a nasty storm front that moved in over Austin County Club on the back nine to advance to the Elite Eight at the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play.
- One Houston media outlet reported this week that Kelvin Sampson and Arkansas were already headed toward a deal, it appeared premature. Arkansas athletic director Hunter Yurachek was a senior associate athletic director at Houston when Sampson was hired in 2014. He had a prime seat to watch Sampson rebuild the long-struggling program into a success. And Houston, which reached the Sweet 16 this season for the first time in 35 years, was only Sampson’s latest project.
- The Arizona Coyotes have signed Nick Schmaltz to a seven-year contract extension.The 23-year-old Schmaltz arrived in the desert in a November trade that sent forward Dylan Strome and Brendan Perlini to Chicago Blackhawks.
On This Day In Sports:
- 1985 Ireland beats England, 13-10 at Lansdowne Road, Dublin to clinch it’s 10th outright Five Nations Rugby Championship and 6th triple Crown
- 1986 5th NCAA Women’s Basketball Championship: Texas beats USC, 97-81
- 1986 PGA Tournament Players Championship, TPC at Sawgrass: John Mahaffey wins by 1 stroke ahead of runner-up Larry Mize
Mark Cuban: How the Pro Sports Business Differs From all Others | Inc. Magazine
Waves of Innovation IV – MS in Entertainment, Media and Sports Business
NCAA Sports Bring In $1 Billion A Year — Why Aren’t The Athletes Paid?
How Agencies Have Changed The Sports Industry
How NFL Teams Make Money
NFL Free Agency Grades: 10 Biggest Signings In 2019 So Far
DeMarcus Lawrence Contract Extension
Why MLB Players Land The Best Pro Contracts
How The Marlins Accidentally Won Another World Series In The Middle Of Falling Apart
NHL SIGNINGS – COLLEGE PLAYERS TURNINGS PRO
How Sports And The Media Influence Our Beliefs
Money Talks Inside The World Of Sports Betting