MB Show Daily
March 29th, 2019
Major League Baseball
- Tim Beckham hit two of Seattle’s five home runs as the Mariners defeated the visiting Boston Red Sox 12-4 Thursday.
- Brad Keller made sure his selection as the Opening Day starter was rewarded, as he helped the Kansas City Royals defeat the Chicago White Sox 5-3 Thursday. The start of the game was delayed by an hour and 46 minutes because of rain.
- Left-hander Eric Lauer and four relievers combined on a five-hit shutout and left fielder Wil Myers drove in both Padres runs with a 456-foot homer and a single Thursday afternoon as San Diego defeated the visiting San Francisco Giants and Madison Bumgarner 2-0 at Petco Park.
- An Opening Day without Clayton Kershaw worked out just fine for the Los Angeles Dodgers, who crushed eight home runs and received six strong innings from fill-in starter Hyun-Jin Ryu in a 12-5 victory over the visiting Arizona Diamondbacks on Thursday.
- David Dahl went 3-for-4 and Trevor Story homered as the visiting Colorado Rockies opened their season with a 6-3 win over the Miami Marlins on Thursday afternoon.
- Derek Dietrich’s pinch-hit three-run homer in his first at-bat with Cincinnati helped the Reds open the season Thursday with a 5-3 win over the visiting Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Javier Baez hit two homers and drove in four runs to lead the Chicago Cubs to a 12-4, season-opening win against the Texas Rangers on Thursday afternoon in Arlington, Texas.
- Justin Verlander pitched seven strong innings, George Springer hit a three-run homer and the visiting Houston Astros opened the season with a 5-1 win against the Tampa Bay Rays on Thursday.
- Christin Stewart hit a two-run homer in the top of the 10th inning, Jordan Zimmermann allowed only a single in seven superb innings and the visiting Detroit Tigers defeated the Toronto Blue Jays 2-0 on Thursday.
- Luke Voit hit a three-run homer and tied a career high with four RBIs while Masahiro Tanaka pitched effectively into the sixth inning as the New York Yankees recorded a 7-2 victory in their home opener over the Baltimore Orioles on Thursday afternoon.
- New York right-hander Jacob deGrom pitched six scoreless innings and Robinson Cano had a solo homer in the first inning and an RBI single in the eighth as the Mets beat the Washington Nationals 2-0 on Thursday in the season opener before a sellout crowd of 42,263 in Washington, D.C.
(Above By Scores and Stats)
Dodgers Dominate The Dbacks On Opening Day and Set A New MLB Record
Manny Machado After Padres Debut: ‘It was amazing’ | MLB Interview
New York Yankees vs Baltimore Orioles – FULL HIGHLIGHTS – Opening Day
Phillies’ Fans Made Opening Day Amazing For Bryce Harper
2019 MLB Opening Day | Atlanta Braves vs. Philadelphia Phillies | Game Highlights
Boston Red Sox vs Seattle Mariners Highlights Opening Day
2019 MLB Opening Day | Chicago Cubs vs. Texas Rangers | Game Highlights
New York Mets vs Washington Nationals | Game Highlights
2019 MLB Opening Day | Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds | Game Highlights
Royals Vs. White Sox Postgame Recap – Opening Day 2019
Cardinals Vs Brewers Game Highlights