MB Show Daily
March 28th, 2019
Welcome back, have a great March Madness Thursday!
- The NCAA paid conferences $216 million in 2018, which is $273,500 per unit for tournament results from 2012-2017. The value of each unit will be $280,300 when payments are made in 2019 and $282,100 in 2020. Great article from AP writers Ralph Russo and Larry Fenn, (Read)
- The NCAA Basketball Tournament “March Madness” will draw an estimated 100 million viewers across 180 countries.
- Rhode Island sports betting is ready to go mobile. Rhode Island sports betting is legal at the state’s two casinos: Twin River Lincoln and Twin River Tiverton. Those casinos both opened their sports betting operations in 2018 and plan to expand into permanent space this year. Rhode Island might be one of the nation’s smallest states by size and population, but its neighbors dwarf it. The Twin River Tiverton property sits roughly an hour’s drive from Boston, and Massachusetts does not yet offer legal sports betting.
- More on sports betting at the bottom of the page.
On This Day in Sports
- 1922 Stanley Cup Final, Mutual Street Arena, Toronto, ON: Toronto St Patricks (NHL) beat Vancouver Millionaires (PCHA), 5-1 for a 3-2 series win
- 1924 83rd Grand National: Bob Trudgill wins aboard 25/1 shot Master Robert; last GN from a general riding start, now-familiar ‘tape’ introduced the following year.
- 1933 1st SEC Men’s Basketball Tournament: Kentucky beats Mississippi State, 46-27
How A College Basketball Team Makes Money | Forbes
The Money Behind March Madness
Ranking the Sweet 16 teams left in the 2019 NCAA Tournament
Duke’s weaknesses exposed in 2nd-round win vs. UCF – Seth Greenberg | SportsCenter
Preview: Duke vs Virginia Tech in Sweet 16 of NCAA Tournament
Preview: No. 1 UNC vs No. 5 Auburn in Sweet 16 of NCAA Tournament
Preview: Michigan vs Texas Tech in Sweet 16 of NCAA Tournament
Why Texas Tech and Michigan are the Best Defenses in College Basketball
Florida State vs Gonzaga odds, predictions and best bets
How do you talk LSU without mentioning the Will Wade situation? – Jay Williams | College Gameday
Paying the players would make college sports more fair – Stephen A. Dickie V. | First Take
Yelling at players like Tom Izzo could get a young coach in trouble – Jay Bilas | College GameDay
Master of March Madness’ reveals secret to perfect bracket
Virginia, Texas Tech are best bets in NCAA tournament’s Sweet 16 | NBC Sports
College Basketball Betting Tips and Predictions | NCAA Tournament Picks Against The Spread | March 27th
Facebook: The Michael Bari Show